Nutmeg, Jaifal, Jaiphal – Plant
|Plant Height||18 inch (46 cm)|
|Plant Spread||5 inch (13 cm)|
|Maximum Reachable Height||30 to 60 feet|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Nutmeg trees should be planted in rich, organic soil with a medium texture and low salinity.
- The pH level should be 6-7, although they will tolerate ranges from 5.5-7.5.
- A soil test will aid in determining if the site is appropriate or if you need to amend it to correct a lack of nutrients.
- Mix in organic matter like bark chips, rotted manure or leaves to buck up the nutrition level and aid in aeration and water retention.
- Be sure to dig your hole at least four feet deep, as nutmegs do not like shallow roots.
- Nutmegs need well-draining soil, but they also like it humid and damp, so keep the tree moist.
- Drying out will stress the nutmeg.
- Mulching around the tree can aid in water retention, but donâ€™t pack it against the trunk or you may be inviting unwanted insects and opening the tree to diseases
Nutmeg trees should be planted in rich, organic soil with a medium texture and low salinity. The pH level should be 6-7, although they will tolerate ranges from 5.5-7.5. A soil test will aid in determining if the site is appropriate or if you need to amend it to correct a lack of nutrients.
|Sunlight||Part Shade for first 3 to 4 years|
|Temperature||40 degrees C and above|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Wild Nutmeg is a tree up to 20 m tall. Bark is brownish, usually smooth, irregulary flaky; blaze reddish. Branches are arranged in whorls, horizontal. Young branchlets are round, rusty tomentose. Red sap oozed from cut end of bark.
Plant Height 18 inch (46 cm)
Plant Spread 5 inch (13 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Maximum Reachable Height 30 to 60 feet
Flower Colour Purple
Bloom Time May-July.
Difficulty Level Easy to grow
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|