Nariyal, Coconut Tree (Golden, Hybrid) – Plant
|Plant Height||30 inch (76 cm)|
|Plant Spread||7 inch (18 cm)|
|Common Name||Dianthus Coconut Punch ,nariyal,daap,naral|
|Maximum Reachable Height||5-7 Meters|
|Flower Colour||Wine red with white blotches|
|Bloom Time||May to June|
|Difficulty Level||easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- First, water the coconut tree frequently.
- As long as the soil drains well, you really cant water it too often.
- If you decide to repot your coconut tree, remember to add sand or vermiculite to the new soil to keep the water draining well.
- Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer.
- Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese and magnesium.
Sunlight Full sun Watering Water the coconut frequently but make sure the container drains very well. Soil well-drained soil Temperature 21 C and above Fertilizer Apply any organic fertilizer
Nariyal Special Feature
Rock gardens, border fronts, edgings, fragrance gardens and containers. When massed, these mat-forming plants can form an attractive ground cover.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Crested Lepidagathis, called Mullabanthi in Telugu, has been used by the yanadi tribe in Andhra Pradesh as a traditional medicine
- It is used in the treatment of fever
- It is also used in treating inflammations – aqueous extract of leaves mixed with Ocimum juice and the tuberous flower ash mixed with coconut oil is a concoction, which is applied on parts affected by inflammation
- In Chhattisgarh, people use leaf extract for treating malaria
- edible in mainy things, as fruit ,aschutney or juice or sweets etc
Growing a coconut palm tree is easy and fun. Below you will find the steps for planting coconuts and growing coconut palms from them.Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Prefers fertile, slightly alkaline, loose, somewhat gritty loams with good drainage.
Add lime to acidic soils to adjust the soil pH. Best grown with regular and consistent moisture during the growing season.
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|