Ridge Gourd Jaipur Long – Desi Vegetable Seeds
|Seeds per Packet||35|
|Common Name||Luffa, Dodka, Turai, Ridge gourd|
|Height||15 to 20 feet|
|Bloom Time||Summer, rainy, winter|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
- Caring for luffa is very similar to caring for cucumbers or melons
- Keep plants moist, but not saturated, and provide sturdy support for best results as part of your luffa plant care
- Once the plants begin to grow, you can remove all the first flowers, any male flowers and the first four lateral branches
- This will result in stronger fruit
- Remove luffa fruit from the vine before the first frost
- Follow instructions for cleaning and preparing the fruit, depending on how it will be used
Ridge Gourd Jaipur Long Care
- Luffa can also be grown in containers around 5-gallon size
- Containers must have good drainage and cant be moved once the vines attach tendrils to other objects
- A small pot starter trellis can be used in the container until it is permanently located
|Soil||Sandy loam rich in organic matter with good drainage and pH range from 6.5-7.5.|
|Temperature||It grows best in air temperatures between 60 and 75 degrees F.|
|Fertilizer||It needs a fertilizer high in phosphorous and potassium than nitrogen. Bottle gourds need nitrogen to grow vigorously, but excess nitrogen will encourage more leaves instead of fruit. A NPK fertilizer with ratio of 6:10:10 or 4:8:5 can be used. Add about 20 g in the soil for each plant before planting.
Feed every 2 weeks with a liquid fertilizer or comfrey tea fertilizer.
|Harvest Season||Summer, rainy, winter|
About Ridge Gourd Jaipur Long
Growing luffa (sponge gourd) plants requires a certain amount of patience. It s not a typical garden plant. It grows for a longer time than most gourds. Sometimes the seeds can be slow to germinate. Luffa is a hot weather plant and growth slows in cool weather.
The flowers appear over an extended period of time blooming sequentially as the vine progresses. The vines can grow 30 feet(10 m) long over the course of a grow
There are no reviews yet.