Krishna Tulsi Plant, Holy Basil, Ocimum tenuiflorum (Black) – Plants
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread||4 inch (10 cm)|
|Common Name||Krishna, Shyama Tulsi|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 60 centimeters.|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant outdoor in natural bright light.
- Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
About Krishna Tulsi Plant
Krishna tulsi belongs to the Lamiaceae family. Krishna Tulsi has traditional as well as medicinal importance. Krishna tulsi tastes good and provides gentle stimulation to body, mind and spirit. Krishna tulsi is Purple leaf tulsi and is famous for its peppery, sharp, crisp taste.
Its leaves and dark stems are dark in purple color. Tulsi flowers are small having purple to reddish color, present in small compact clusters on cylindrical spikes.
|Dimensions||42 × 12 × 12 cm|